Sunday, March 25, 2012

Ranch Style Chicken (compliments of the Pioneer Woman)

I love the Pioneer Woman..  I think she has some of the best recipes.  I love her blog.  I want her blog.  But, I have NO idea how to create anything like this.  I have seen the website for her web designer (OMSH - Oh My Stinkin' Heck).  Her web designer says she can do your design, too.  However, her price is a bit high for my liking at this moment.  But, she does some fabulous designs, I think!  Maybe, one day....  So, it will have to suffice to continue trying those great recipes like Ranch Style Chicken, adapted from the Pioneer Woman's great recipe!


For two:

2 chicken breasts
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup dijon mustard
4 slices of bacon
dash of red pepper flakes
dash of Canola oil
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Mix together the honey and dijon. Splash in a few pepper flakes. Pour onto the chicken and place in fridge for 1-3 hours. Fry the bacon. Keep about 1/2 the bacon grease and add a little canola oil. Place the chicken in the pan and pan fry each side a few minutes. Flipping each a few times. Then place the chicken on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, place the bacon and cheese on top of each chicken piece. Bake until cheese has melted. Serve.

You can also easily place these on a bun for an on-the-go meal. Alternatively, I believe Arn warmed a tortilla wrap, put a little ranch on it, and then wrapped the chicken up in it and took it down to his basement where he was watching some sports-related event.

1 comment:

  1. If you happen to be in the middle of a March Madness game, throw this chicken into a tortilla, add a little ranch dressing, roll it up, take it down into your mancave, and scarf it. Incredible, mobile meal.

    ReplyDelete