Friday, April 6, 2012

NYC, 9/11 Memorial, Artisanal Cheese, and Eataly!

There is a small group of us who have gone for a sort of "foodie" sightseeing New York weekend in January the past two years.  It is such a fun experience!  It is so nice to leave work on a Friday, early afternoon, and jump in a cab to the 30th Street station in downtown Philly.  I then catch an Amtrak train, and arrive in NYC in about an hour.  It is one of my favorite things about living here.  For those not familiar with Amtrak, it is the best way to travel.  There are no long security lines.  You can literally just show up 10 minutes before train departure time and hop on!  It all feels very continental to me.

This is 30th Street Station:
During this last trip, we went to see the 9/11 Memorial. It was really profound and moving. I highly recommend doing this if you get to NYC one of these days. It is a terrific remembrance of those who died that day.
One of the wonderful restaurants we went to during our visit was Artisanal.  We are very fortunate to have one of the ladies who is from the area who joins us on these weekends.  She always suggests the most wonderful places for dinner!  Here is Artisanal:



What I didn't realize until just last week was that Artisanal has a cheese shop. The online cheese shop has a wide cheese selection.  In fact, it has a wonderful cheese club (which I just signed up for and will post once my first order arrives).






However, the most amazing place we went to that weekend had to be Eataly.  It is not just a restaurant but it has something like 6 different restaurants and a wonderful food market.  I have never seen anything like it.  We grazed there for about 4 hours.  Heaven!  If you want an absolute wonderful eating and marketing experience, it is not to be missed!!!

Here is a peek at Eataly:



What a great trip, as always!! Now, we are all getting ready to plan a trip to Paris for next year. Though I do hope we continue the NY trip. So many things yet to see and do!!

1 comment:

  1. We will definitely keep doing the NYC trip! Love your photos - I just had one of the 9/11 memorial enlarged and framed for my office.

    ReplyDelete