Sunday, March 11, 2012

DiCarlo's Pizza


If you are from my hometown of Wheeling, West Virginia, or from any neighboring Ohio Valley town, you know DiCarlo's Pizza. In fact, it was just voted the #5 top pizza in the country. I am serious.


DiCarlo's is a tradition. We would go on Friday nights in high school and get it. We would go away to college and ALWAYS get DiCarlo's when we came home for a visit. Then, for most of us who moved away, we go to DiCarlo's on each and every weekend visit and/or holiday. In fact, at Christmas, I have been known to wait almost 2 hours for 10 slices.

This is the DiCarlo's I most often frequent.


There is more than one DiCarlo's, but this is my favorite.

Now, for those of us who have moved away, you can call the Mail Center Plus in Wheeling and order a tray (or two) of the wonderful stuff and have it delivered to your front door. One tray is 24 pieces. When being delivered across the state, it will come to you in 6 squares that look like this:


You should put these squares in your freezer. They really are better once frozen completely. Once frozen, you should preheat your oven to 400 degrees and place the pizza right on the rack.


Oh - and don't forget to order bags of extra cheese. It is special cheese.


Once it is done, take it out of the oven. Place it on the pizza stone and then add some of that extra cheese to it.


SO GOOD!!!!!!! Tastes almost exactly like it does being carried fresh out of the store in those great little cardboard boxes.

Oh, DiCarlo's! YUM! It is expensive to ship, but SO WORTH IT!

3 comments:

  1. Could you tell
    Delasdandros about this so maybe they will do the same with cheesesteaks please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think the cheesesteaks would hold up as well. I will try and see if I can figure out a way to re-create the recipe so that you can make them at home! I will have Arn sweet talk them to see if he can't get a recipe - they LOVE Buckle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. We don't have good bread here to
    Use. The bread is key! I tried making it once and it literally made me physically ill.

    ReplyDelete