Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Inaugural Honey Gram: Brie Puffs and Friends


Last night, we had a few friends over. I decided to try out these new brie bites I found on http://www.joythebaker.com/. She was voted best baking blog of 2011. She also has many recipes that are not just in the baking genre. She has soups and gluten-free recipes and many wonderful ideas, generally. She also has a new cookbook coming out this week. I do not know her, but love her website. She makes her "brie bites" with popsicle sticks. I didn't have any on hand but they came out really well. And, I dare say, I should have made more. They were devoured. So, here it goes.You will want one egg, a tiny bit of milk, one sheet of puffed pastry, cherry preserves, and some brie or brie-like cheese. Go on and pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees, whisk together your egg and milk, get out a cookie sheet, and spray on some non-stick spray.Next, cut the puffed pastry into three rectangles (easy since the sheet of pastry is already stored in a tri-fold in the package). Then cut each rectangle into 8 square/rectangle pieces. Take your pastry brush and brush the egg wash on the top of each piece. This will give you a total of 24 small pieces (which will make 12 brie puffs).Next, place a small piece of the cheese on top of the 12 pieces of the egg-washed side of pastry and top that with a small drop of the preserves.Next, put one piece of pastry on top of one piece with the cheese and preserves. Press a fork on the ends of each side (the wash acts like the glue holding the puff together). Now, bake at 375 degrees for 12-14 minutes and .......

VOILA! Brie puffs. I know they don't look pretty, but they taste so good. And, I will get better with presentation as time goes by. But, here is the REAL star of the night.....

Isn't he handsome!!!!!????? We were thrilled to get to hang out with T and his Mom and Dad.

Of course, there were drinks!

And CHEESE!
A little salad station was enjoyed.
Some local delivery pizza and, of course.....
Some strawerry and cream cake from Whole Foods! Cut me some slack, the brie puffs were about all I could muster after working most of the day. I can really cook a whole meal. I will show you one of these days. But, then again, isn't this really the BEST part......
T and his little attempt at a sign for PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment